Tuesday 12 November 2013

New video: Bang at First Sight




Alternative link and HD viewing.





Finally, it's finished. This took me way longer than was intended, hopefully it doesn't dissapoint too much for those who were expecting more.

I'll be honest, in terms of "story" this is not my favourite one, as I didn't really have any idea where I was going with this - you might notice that with the ending.

However, in terms of effects and pretty much all other technical aspects - it's miles better than any of my other videos. Now I'm not claiming it's the greatest thing ever, but to me, it's a vast improvement.

This video was actually more of an experimental one, especially with effects. For instance; the "heat-ripple" effect when they were outside in the sun, the dust flying around, sun beam effect into the camera, the color adjustment, the dust when he gets trampled, the ressurection spell effect, masking, etc... you get the point.

To give you a good example, just compare the visuals of the video above with one of my very early work.

The difference should be pretty clear.

Overall, it was a very ambitious project for me, and I'm mostly happy with it. I did notice some errors in the video once it was uploaded to youtube. But they aren't too glaring big. I might fix that later and reupload it.

Anyway, this post is kind of long but it needs to be said.

Some of you are probably wondering now "Is it always going to take this long for a new video?" - The answer is no.

Now I have a pretty good idea on what to do in terms of editing and video rendering, experimenting days are over, now it just comes down to practise and maybe learning on the way.
I already have 2 new video ideas laying ready, one of it has already parts done.
So a new video should be coming out fairly soon. I will keep you up to date on this very blog.

Thanks for watching, hope you enjoy.

12 comments:

  1. I was checking this every few hours and it was worth the wait. As you said, looks way better. Thank you for keeping up with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The video is amazing and does look like you put a lot into it with visuals and stuff. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HUGE improvement. And I thought the end was funny! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NOOOoooOOOooooooo it's been removed from youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  5. moar nelf vids!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry for the fuzz, but the video should be up and running again - enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like some loser is keeping an eye on what you post. The video is down once again. Might wanna consider just throwing up a link to a site like naughtymachinima or something (after you create an account of course).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reuploaded again, this time on a appropiate site, so it's here to stay this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see a lengthy version/video/picture(series?) of the nightelf and human shown in Purvis screen. <3

      Delete
  9. Keep up the awesome work!

    Also, the mobile version of this page is messed up because of the YouTube video.

    ReplyDelete
  10. send to my e-mail if any of u wanna get to know me ;) vialaforu@gmail.com
    ;)

    ReplyDelete